University of Sussex
Bursaries and Scholarship (2016)
|Number of awards/ level||Criteria’s||Amount|
|25 for postgraduate taught
|Holding unconditional offer by the university||50% of the International
|Unlimited||Final year Sussex undergraduate students with
either first or second upper class honours.
|100 for a full time master
|First class honours undergraduate degree from a
UK Higher education institution.
|Research funding||100 PhD studentship per year||Outstanding research students across all subject
|Contact the research office for information on studentships.|
|Unlimited||Must be self-financing student from Malaysia and
have accepted an offer for September 2016.
The scholarships relate to all full-time taught Masters degree courses at the University of Sussex (e.g. MA, MSc, LLM. MRes) excluding the following courses:
• Masters degrees in Social Work
• Social Work post qualifying Masters degrees
• MSc Automotive Engineering
|• MA degrees in IDS apart from the MA Gender and Development and the MA in Climate Change and Development
Application must be received from 1st October
2015- 1st August 2016.
|10 undergraduate scholarships
for qualification listed and 10 undergraduate scholarships for qualification not listed(i.e STPM, SAM,HSC, etc)
|• A Level*- AAA
• BTEC LEVEL 3 Extended Diploma (QCF)*- Distinction, Distinction, Distinction.
• International baccalaureate Diploma(IB Diploma)- 36 points
• Canadian Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSC)- AAAAAB From grade 12U Or M courses.
• University of Sussex International Study Centre International Foundation Year- Overall average of 80%.
• Bellerby’s College International Foundation
Year- Overall average of 80%.
*You will also be eligible if you have mixed BTEC and A Level combinations of equal ‘size’ to 3 A Levels / BTEC Extended Diploma (for example, at least a Distinction in BTEC Subsidiary Diploma (QCF) plus AA in two A Levels; or Distinction Distinction in BTEC Diploma (QCF) plus A in an A Level).
Application must be received from 1st February
|The Sussex Excellence
Scholarship is worth £3,000 in Year One of a three or four year undergraduate degree:
•£1,000 cash award and £2,000 rent reduction if you are living in University- managed accommodation.
•£1,000 cash award and £2,000 fee waiver if you are not living in University- managed accommodation.
|2016- 1st April 2016.|
Scholarship Scheme – Institute of Development Studies
|Postgraduate||• Be permanently resident in a developing
Commonwealth country (i.e Malaysia)
• Commencing in September/October 2016
• Hold, by August 2016, a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard
• Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a developed country
• Be unable themselves, or through their families, to pay to study in the UK.
The deadline for receipt of applications to the
CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS) is 1 April
|Full scholarship (tuition fees at overseas level, return flights plus some other costs, living costs).|