Bournemouth University (BU)
Did you know?
- BU is located on the beautiful south coast of England, less than two hours from London by train
- BU is the home of the National Centre for Computer Animation whose graduates now work for the major companies in the entertainment industry, working on films such as Shrek and Happy Feet
- BU has its own crime house, ‘Rose Cottage’. It features three fully-furnished domestic rooms and allows students from BU’s forensic courses to carry out full-scale simulated crime scene investigations and protocols
- The Bournemouth Hotel School is under development and will be the first fully-commercial teaching hotel in the UK
- BU has been designated as the only Centre for Excellence in Media Practice by the Higher Education Funding Council for England
- BU is one of just 34 Fairtrade universities and colleges in the UK
- The 2008 Guardian University League tables have named BU as the number one University to study Tourism (including Hospitality & Leisure). This follows its number one position in the Sunday Times Head Teachers survey in 2006
- The annual Festival of Design and Innovation sees students display over 170 new designs and prototypes with commercial potential as well as commercialised designs from previous years.
- We have nearly 16,000 students including over 1,600 international students representing nearly 130 countries from around the world studying with us
- Our International Office has been voted best International Office in the UK according to the results of the past three International Student Barometer (ISB) surveys run by an independent company called i-graduate.
BU’s professional teaching is cutting edge and closely linked to modern industry. We offer courses in professional subjects such as law, taxation, business, hospitality management, tourism, multimedia, communications, engineering, design, computer animation, marketing and media. We also offer science-related courses in archaeology, forensics and the environment.
English language requirements for the majority of our Bachelor’s and taught Master’s courses are normally a minimum of IELTS (Academic) 6.0 or equivalent, although for some courses the grades required may be higher.
BU offers a range of preparatory programmes which gives you the opportunity to study in Bournemouth and prepare successfully for entry onto your chosen course as an alternative to an IELTS exam.
All of our taught postgraduate courses begin in October and many also have the additional option of a January start as well to give you as much flexibility as possible.
Facilities and Services
- We can guarantee accommodation to all international (non-EU) students starting their course in October who apply before the middle of August.
- Open access computing centres are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and all students are provided with free access to the internet and a free email address
- The Libraries have extended opening hours to maximise your study time and house over 500 networked computers
- The Medical Centre, Religion and Faith Service, Counselling Service and Sports Department are based on the Talbot Campus and available to all students. There are also cafés, clubs, and social facilities. A subsidised University bus service operates between the campuses.
- We organise an International Students’ Orientation Programme (ISOP) for all new international students starting in October. An induction programme is also available for January starters.
We make regular visits overseas to meet applicants. Working with our overseas representatives, these visits give you an opportunity to meet with University staff to discuss your application.
You can find out more information on our website
directly from our Representativesat firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at +6221-5745244, 5742112.
Students review about the university can be found at :